Saturday, July 9, 2011

WHY YOU SHOULD WATCH THE MOVIE 'DEVIL'

I know most of M. Night Shyamalan's latest work have been stupendously ridiculous of late, so when I watched this movie, I was not really expecting much. So, when you have low expectations on a movie, usually, you go out of the moviehouse happy since the only place to go is up! This movie is much much better than the other latest works of Shyamalan so I suggest you make a beeline to the cinema and catch this scary movie! Here are my reasons why:


1. Like most Shyamalan movies, there are no tricks of using sound or images to scare you. He makes a sense of dread, which you can really feel in this movie. The dread really builds up towards the end so keep your eyes open!

2. The feeling of claustrophobia. Most of the action happens in an elevator so expect to feel a little bit tight and queasy. There's just no escaping the horror!

3. I am a Catholic and I believe in the existence of God and the devil. I don't actually know the religious background of Shyamalan, but you could really see that his sensibilities are very close to that of Catholics. In the script, everything was explained as to why they were there and why everything had to happen. It really follows what most Catholics believe of in terms of the devil and the punishment for our sins.

0 comments:

Post a Comment